Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015 "Jon hasn't changed that much"


So this week has been really good, but to start of you know how when I was younger I ate a habanero pepper and almost died....  Well I did it again haha...  So the APs were coming on exchanges and they called in the morning and said Elder Olson we want to do a pepper challenge, you down?? 
So of course me being me without hesitation said of course!! So they came over and we were just planning on chewing it for 15 seconds then spitting it out..  2 of the 5 missionaries did but then as I was about to I saw that one of them was motioning for me to swallow, so in my pride I did...  It was horrible... A lot worse than I remember but super fun at the same time! I was dying.... haha 
but anyways as far as missionary work is going all is well! Our zone is the smallest zone and this week we had 35 new investigators which was the most out of all the zones! We are just working really hard and trying to find what works here.  At the beginning of the week I kinda felt like as far as this area we hit a wall and it just wasn't progressing and that all of our finding efforts were in vain.   I was getting a little down wondering what else I needed to do. I really turned to prayer and I realized that we as missionaries just have to keep pushing that sometimes things are not meant to go your way and if there is no success sometimes it isn't because we aren't working hard enough.  I learned not to be so hard on myself and to just continue to talk to everyone and plant seeds for future missionaries! I have no idea how much longer I am going to be here! Transfers is in 2 weeks and who knows.  All I know is that I just need to keep going and work as if I am staying.  The Lord will put me where he wants me to be!  
We watched the Saturday session of conference this week and they were all super powerful! I especially enjoyed the talk by Elder Renlund.  He is in the southeast area presidency and I have even been in the same session as him in the temple! I love that he encourages us just to keep trying.  That a saint is a sinner that just keeps trying.  That talk is really going to help me stay strong through my mission and in life! 
Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment