Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 "Everything happens for a reason"


Here is Jon's latest and a picture sent by another missionary since Jon can't remember to send pictures.  Another good week.  It's fun to see he passion and emotions.  He has always been passionate.

Suzi exchanged emails with Jon that I haven't included here, but Emmie is still not with Temwa.  She is praying to adopt her.  Jon didn't give much info, but we are hoping and praying for the best for Emmie.  It's interesting how attached we have become to the people Jon is teaching.  We have really developed a love for them.

Suzi and I had the opportunity to go to dinner with Jon's future mission president and his wife - Michael and Linda Dunn.  We had a wonderful time and feel so blessed that Jon will be able to serve under their guidance.  You could feel the love they already have for the missionaries and their excitement to serve in South Africa.  They will be wonderful!

Thanks for all your love and support.


Family, how's it guys?  The weeks are going by way too quick!  It is crazy how fast it really is going... even though I love mission, I hope it continues to go fast!  This week was good! Temwa, Pauline and Sethu all had their baptismal interviews and passed and the district leader said that they were taught very well which made me happy because sometimes I wonder how well I teach.  I have also realized how important the spirit is in conversation even in regular conversation.   
When we are at the store buying something and people see me and I smile it definitely is planting seeds.  It is so hard to always try to be an example of Jesus Christ because there are days when we are walking around and I don't feel like being friendly and outgoing then I realize I need to try to be a disciple of Christ.  Not just when I feel like it but in everything that I do.  It is always great to have the name tag on because it reminds me of who I need to be like in EVERYTHING that I do.   
We tracted a lot this week because we had a lot of appointments cancel and it was not good... we talked to like 8 people and one told us to come back the next day.  When we went back he was really drunk and it made me so sad to see that because that was satan making sure he didn't have an opportunity to receive the gospel.  Ah it made me upset.... However we had another great lesson with Trevor and his family.  They are really coming along and I feel they have been prepared for the gospel at this time.  The Phanyaphanyas had their baby and his name is Samuel. It made me think of baby Sam and how special that experience was.  I am so grateful that he was in all of our lives even though it was just for a short period of time.  My companion always says everything happens for a reason and I know that Sam was only suppose to be here for a short time for a reason.  We may not know why in this life, but someday we will. I love you guys and hope all is well.  Keep up the good work and pray for opportunities to share the gospel and to serve others.


(Sam is Jon's cousin who was born with Trisome 13 and only lived a for a short time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment