Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014 "Emmie"


Hey fam, this week was one of our slower weeks.  A lot of appointments fell through.  We were tired and I got pretty sick and Satan was trying to discourage us.  It worked one day... I was sad. I was mad. I had the worst feelings in my heart and then I realized that I needed to turn to the Savior and ask direction on what I needed to do.  The response without hesitation was work and have faith.  I received this answer on Saturday and decided that I would fast so that I could work and have faith that I would find someone this week that has been prepared and is ready for the gospel.  I have no doubt in my mind that I will find someone this week as long as I work and have faith.  However the week ended great! 

On Sunday we had our second visit with Trevor and his family! He has 4 girls and 3 of them are older than 8.  He also has a sister and a wife that we are teaching.  All the kids and the family enjoyed our lesson and at the end I committed them to baptism. They all agreed to it! I hope to see them at church on Sunday.  It would be a great blessing and an answer to my prayers if they did.  This gospel is so true and the Savior is so real.  He lives to this day and I know that without a doubt there is no way I could or ever would deny it. There is a reason this is the only church that is growing at this time in the world.  It is because we are the only church that has the power of God... the priesthood to support us.  And we center it all around Jesus Christ and his teachings.  It is so simple yet so amazing. 

Last night we got to watch the Sunday morning session live at a member's house it was so amazing. The people here treat it like the biggest holiday of the year and back home we treat it like a day for rest and barely give it any thought. Well at least that was me... These talks have been designed for us and will lead us in our lives and I am so grateful we have a prophet that holds all the keys of the priesthood.  As a ward we will see them on the 26th and 27th.  I cannot wait. 

Love, Elder Olson

Oh and the investigators are doing good.  Emmie is still not with Temwa because Temwa doesn't have a job so they won't let her get her.  If mom is interested tell her to contact Temwa on Facebook...  Emmie needs help but I'm not sure what we can do.. Temwa's full name is Temwa Utonga I think. I'll tell her to add mom on Facebook haha. We still have 3 baptisms set for the 20th which is Temwa Pauline and Sethu!  We are so excited and really hope that it works out. Peter is moving but there will be missionaries in his area!

(About Amy – the 3 year old that was living with Temwa) Her dad left the mom and the mom went to work in the streets and left Emmie in the home

(I put this next comment because we all had to laugh that Jon was referring to $3.50 as a lot of money.  I am so happy he is learning some concept of the value of money.  That was a foreign concept to him.) haha sweet and make sure you get your moneys worth in the box… mimis and bubbas cost me 3 dollars and 50 cents so stuff them full of stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment