Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014 PHOTO of JON



I'll send the family email to you! so this week was a mixed emotions of great and sad! Temwa, Sethu, and Polinah all got baptised I baptised Sethu and confirm Temwa! what a great experience it was and how I could feel the Savior's love for each one of them!  So, this is my last week of being trained and I am ready for it to be over. on thursday we do weekly planning.

During that we discussed a family that we have tried to visit for 10 weeks and only gotten into the house once... I said that we need to drop them and give them some space.  However for some reason elder van heerden wants to keep teaching them... we got in an argument to the point where I walked out of the room so that I wouldn't hit him.. he is very stubborn and never wants to listen to my points and Ideas it is hard not to get frustrated.  Then on saturday night I over heard him talking to someone else saying that I am not a good teacher... to me that really hurt I dont care if he feels that way but it was hard to hear him tell others and not me. I was going to walk in there and just nail him... then I decided I will confront him about it the next day.  

I woke up and prayed for guidance on the situation.  when I did I heard a still small voice saying let it go... you are doing your best.  How amazing that was to me! and I did!  I let it go and haven't had a bad thought about him since! How amazing is the atonement and the power of forgiveness. If this would have happened before mission before I turned to the Savior in everything that I do I would have fought him but it is so amazing to feel the Savior in me.... this easter has been something special and I know that Jesus Christ died and then 3 days later his soul and body reunited for eternity.  It gives me hope that even though all the mistakes I have made in my life I have an opportunity to be forgiven in everything that I do. love and miss you guys and know that I am happy here in ZA! Buy a donkey for all you do for me (thats how you say thank you in afrikaans hahahahaha)

Elder Olson

FROM MOM:
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you?
We just went to Deer Valley for two nights during spring break because Abe had baseball and Lily had soccer. We kept saying Jon would love this...This vacation just isn't the same without Jon...Abe said, I don't like being the only boy...Lily said, now I know for sure that Jon is my favorite sibling. ( they locked her out on the balcony ). It was funny how've often we mentioned you!
I have been told that I'm not allowed to go back and forth with you until you've had time to email the whole family cause Abe and Madi have gotten really upset with me when they don't get one from you. The first thing everyone does in the morning is check their emails. So, please make sure you send something to everyone each week. 
I so totally love you little boy! 
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment