Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014 "One of our investigators stabbed another investigator..."

But this week has been great! We had solid lessons all week and then we had church.  We had Pauline, Sethu, and Temwa  at church which was great!! We took them to a baptism that the other ward was having.  After, all of them said that they need to be baptized! We set a date for them in class for the 20th of April! So we should have 3 baptisms which will be great! The hard work is definitely paying off! Also this week Pauline moved out of her boyfriend's house and left him.  She knew that she couldn't get baptized if she was living with him and he wouldn't commit to marriage so she left! That to me shows so much courage and a desire to serve the Lord! She has 3 kids with this guy and she was still so willing to follow in the Savior's footsteps to be baptized.  
We also had one of our investigators stab one of our other investigators. He got really mad and got a knife and stabbed him... The guy said if that would have happened before we met him he probably would have killed The boy which is a scary thought... but that made me think even though we can't baptize this man the Lord put us in his life for a reason and I believe that this is the reason.  To save both of their lives.  He had to go to the hospital and get stitches and doesn't even want to report it to the police.  However, I just feel bad for This boy.  He never seems happy and it would be so hard to grow up without a dad like he is.  He really only talks to me so I need to talk to him and tell him how bad that could have been.  Other than that, things are good!! I really don't get sad...  its just my personality so I guess that is good.  Mom thinks that I am keeping that from her but I really just am this way.

Much love, Jon

The boy is 13 and The man is 35. My companion is great! We are really getting along however this is my last transfer with him. So only 1 month left then I will stay in the area and he will leave.  The church is nice! It looks like a typically LDS church and last week we had 129 people attend which was great!!

Emmie was taken until they can get the adoption papers done.  I wish we could adopt her.... haha but yes brother Phanyaphanya is doing amazing.  Hopefully they can figure out why he is losing blood soon! They are always happy! The Africaaners are tough. It is really hard for me to talk to them tracting cause I know they will just say no. Elder Van heerden usually talks to the whites and I usually talk to the blacks... hahah

I went to the city and wow it is poor and quite scary.  I was the only white person. It is crazy to see how satan has taken control of so many people there... It is sad but everything is cheap there so that is why we went.

I miss your food by the way.... shame I am not the best cook

hahah we should! (Suzi told Jon we should try and adopt Amy)  but I think Temwa is trying to but there is prostitution everywhere. It is dirty a lot like Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment