Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014 "100 Rand"



All
It's missionary Monday.  It is so great to read all the missionary emails.  Suzi woke up in the middle of the night when Jon's email came in (of course) and had a little interaction with him.  He shared a very spiritual experience with her, it is one that we will let Jon share as he wishes. We were truly touched to see the Lord's hand in his life.

Hello family!  This week was great.  Another quick week went by and I am still happy!! One of my investigators is really coming along!  Themwa the single mom with two boys! This week she took in a 3 year old girl named Amy because her parents just abandoned her.  Amy doesn't even know how to speak because her parents gave her no attention.  She is coming along though and is extremely happy! I told Themwa she will be blessed for this action and she agrees!  She sent me a text the other day and said she doesn't really have money to buy food for them.  I gave her 100 rand to help right away then told her to talk to bishop about the welfare program.  She almost cried when I gave her the money even though to me it really isn't that much.  It was cool to see.  Her date for baptism is April 6th and I am confident that she will get it.  That will probably be my first because Peter still can't find the money to buy his passport and the church can't help because he is illegal right now.  I love Krugersdorp but it is hard when people just yell at us for trying to talk to them.  What I realized last night is I have to be able to do anything for my investigators because that is showing the love that Jesus has for us.  Through me doing this I can show that this church is about love and sacrifice and that I love them so much I want them to experience this great blessing that will bless them for eternity!  That's all I have for this week.  I forgot to take pics with my investigators so I will send those next week!

I haven't received your package yet, but I heard that it takes sometimes 1 month to get here so we will wait patiently.  Also when you send a package put a picture of Jesus on it.  As weird as that sounds it works!!  Yes I do have names for the prayer role.  Thando, Luhle,  Shemaiah, Michaela,  Mzwandile (dad) Thando (mom) last name is Phanyaphanya.  I know mom already did but they need it more than ever.  The dad is in the hospital again and he is losing blood and they can't figure out why. 

All of the missionaries in the flat decided that we are going to get dedicated to working out.  We are taking pictures now and then another in 6 weeks.  Whoever improves the most wins! haha I think I got this in the bag!  (Jon sent his picture for the competition.  I didn't include it because I know everyone had enough of his flexing when he was home.)


No comments:

Post a Comment