Monday, March 24, 2014

March 25, 2014 "Kota"

This week was great.  I was very humbled this week though.  I had an experience with Emmie, the girl that Temwa took in.  We were at there complex visiting another person and Temwa wasn't home.  However, I decided I would go see if Bryan, the oldest son was home.  Right as I opened the door (we just walk in) I heard crying... I realized it was Emmie.  She ran up to me and just hugged me.  So I picked her up and she wouldn't let go. I think she is reminded when she is alone of how her parents would leave her for hours on end.  When I was holding her I was almost mad.  I wondered what did she do to deserve this life.  And then I realized that she is Heavenly Fathers daughter and that he loves her more than I can even imagine.  Ah...and my heart just ached for her. She finally stopped crying and I said a quiet prayer and I was comforted that she will be ok and that she was brought to Temwa so that one day she can grow up in the gospel.

Now I have more of an urge to get Temwa baptized and make sure that she has a solid testimony so she can raise her kids in the church.  I was quiet for the rest of the day because I see how much Heavenly Father has given me and then I think what did I do to deserve this.  Who am I to be sad that I didn't get this gift or not be grateful for the food I have in the fridge. Ahhh...I was mad at myself but it just makes me want to strive to be a better person.  And sorry that I have been using the home card. I gave Temwa some money to feed her kids so I needed to use it.  But other than that the week has been good!

We picked up another family and they seem very interested! They all sat around as we taught a lesson and the father, a black man, asked question after question and it seemed after the lesson they didn't want us to leave!! We have another lesson with them on Sunday!!  I also learned how to drive stick this week!! I realized how fun stick is and wonder why Americans like auto! So when I get home I'm going to find myself a stick!!! A day doesn't go by that I don't express how grateful I am for everything and what I have been given!! Thank you for everything!!

You guys need to make KOTA.  Look it up.  It is a quarter loaf of bread with chips (french fries) and all these different kinds of sausage and polony. haha Sounds weird but it would be fun for the family!! Google it or something

You are the best but I love the care packages. But you don't need to send them they are expensive! And you know how to drive stick???? I should be getting the other package this week I will let you know! I don't have any new names for the temple but brother Phanyaphanya is out of the hospital and doing well!! I will keep you updated!      

No comments:

Post a Comment