Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014 "Amazing experience"


I woke up today and said.... IS IT REALLY JUNE?  I couldn't believe it myself!  I have one more week here but honestly I am ready to leave.  I want to go to an area where I teach a lot!  I want to perfect my teaching skills because in this area I have definitely perfected my finding skills!  I have really come to love the people here though... It is going to be so hard to say goodbye so many of the people I have come to love.   
However I had an amazing experience the other day!  We were driving so we decided to start tracting and so we parked and went to knock on a door.  A man from across the street started to talk to me in afrikans and I was confused because he was black.  So I walked up to him and said I’m english.  He started to laugh and  said oh we don't have many of you guys here.  So i took this as an opportunity to share the gospel.  I had a nice conversation with him and gave him a pamphlet and walked away.  As we started walking I look at this guy that was just standing about 20 meters from us.  I felt very strongly that I should talk to him.  I introduced myself and said that we were missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He said I was walking by and heard you were missionaries... I live right up the street and want to know more.  We told him a little then he said that his wife was home and he wanted us to teach him now!  We walked with him to his house and taught a lesson to him and his wife.  This lesson was filled with the spirit and I know that they are ready for the gospel.  During the lesson the wife wouldn't even look at us and was very quiet and then two days latter we stopped by to say hello and she was smiling telling us she wants to go to church! There was such a light about her, it was amazing.  I know that they were prepared and I was grateful that the spirit worked through me and prompted me to talk to the other man.

Otherwise things are good.  This is going to be the only email I send this week I am in a big hurry to get back to the flat and rest.  I am quite sick. But don’t tell mom.  Here are some pics of a braai we had the other day.  The guy in the photo is Petros.  He is an amazing recent convert! 

(Thanks everyone for your support.  We appreciate you all.  We are excited for Jesse and Anika to get their calls this weeks.  It will be fun to have five cousins out at the same time.  Suzi read the email before I could delete the part about Jon being sick.  Now she is sick, but I'm sure they will both rebound.)

No comments:

Post a Comment