Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014 "Saying goodbye"




Jon's latest.

Thanks for all your love and support.

He has finally figured out the value of sending photos.  One more email to come with photos.

So this week has been good! I have been saying my goodbyes to everyone and I actually got emotional saying bye to the Phanyaphanyas... They have such a special light about them and it was definitely harder to say goodbye to them than you guys.  Not that I don't love and miss you but I might never see them again and they have left a huge impact on me and my mission…  I found out Saturday that I am for sure leaving but I don't find out where or who I will be with till tomorrow! Its no fun but I have started packing which is full of mixed emotions... I am ready to leave but I want to bring


some of the people with me.  George when I said goodbye to him he couldn't let go of my hand and he just said please... please... don't forget me.  We taught him a lesson and at the end with it being my last time I bore my testimony and he was very touched.... I now KNOW without a doubt that this is where I am suppose to be after seeing how I have come to love so many of the people here.  It is amazing! However the work in the area is going through a transition.  There are not many investigators and the ones we have aren't extremely serious.  But I have a lot of trust in Elder Smith and I know it is in good hands


Also this week I eventually had to go to the doctor.  I had a very bad stomach infection and a very high acid intake which was very painful and so I decided to tell Sister Omer.  She got me in the doctors right away and it took about 3 days for the medicine to start working.  I was so grateful for her and how she treated me as if I was her son! I love them so much those two.  They are amazing and I had a great conversation with Sister Omer yesterday and we talked about how many of the same people we know! Their homecoming is July 20th so I hope the whole family can be there.  The talks you will hear will be inspirational!

Anyways have a great week! much love, Elder Olson

I wish I could be here for 5 years too... haha I really am loving it... I never thought I would get to the point where I don't want to go home.  I got a package but I have to pick it up today! So it is probably that one. I honestly can't wait to listen to the talk.  I am so nervous about where my new area is going to be I just hope it is township, which is where people live in shacks. Quite frankly I am sick of white people.... Here they are so rude haha but I sent the big email to mom this week.  Make sure you eat a tk burger and sharkys wings for me! hahaha?

FROM MOM:

Hi JON!!!

I hope that this letter is finding you HEALTHY and HAPPY!  I hope that you are in a new place and that that you are loving it.  If things have changed please tell us all about your new companion and area.

I am so sorry that you were sick last week. How are you feeling now?

You have been on my mind a lot this week. We are in Newport and although we love it here it's not the same without you. Everyone has commented numerous times how much they miss you. It's funny how different this years graduating class is from yours. There aren't as many kids and they are more mellow. I have watched them a bit and I think the reason I felt strongly about you going to school young was for friends. I think you all made each other better and you were meant to be a part of that group of boys. Don't forte about them. They were very influential in your life.
 I have also been thinking about family. I am so glad that we know we will be together forever. I don't think I have told you this, but if I have sorry. A few months ago I was in the temple and I was thinking about each on of you and the role you play in our family. I had the very strong feeling that Heavenly Father had a plan for us and that we were chosen specifically for each other. I had the strong impression that you and Abe were meant to be brothers and that you will counsel and strengthen each other in ways that no one else can. It was really cool and still makes me feel humbled thinking about it.  So, thank you for what you bring to our home. I love you!
I also taught a lesson about personal revelation and how if we are obedient and faithful our life can be guided in the right direction through personal revelation. The spirit was really strong. We had the girls spend twenty minutes in quiet contemplation to  feel the spirit and ask for direction in their lives. We asked them to share if they felt impressed and it was really cool to hear them talk about it. The spirit really does guide our lives if we allow it. I am really trying to listen and respond.
Annika and Jesse received their mission calls. It will be so awesome to have five Olson cousins out at once. They wanted to tell you where they are going so I can't. But I'm sure you know by now.
Madi is doing great!!  She is so beautiful and confident. Heavenly Father is really helping her right now. She's impressive!!
Abe is doing well. He is trying to play football and is being tough. His back is hurting him but he's hoping to build muscles that will support it.
We are hoping for him.
Lily is great. She's happy and the same. She is working on songs for you but she said they take time of she wants to get them to the point of recording.
Dad is great. He seems to have more energy lately. He is really turning into a softy and has a tender heart. He loves you very much and he is so proud.
Thanks for being my son. You are the greatest!
Remember...when the going gets tough the tough get going!!
Be obedient and hard working and many lives will be changed includingyours.
Loves and hugs and kisses!!!!!!!  I want you to know what an important part of my life you are.  I know that Heavenly Father knew I needed you. I love you!!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment