Sunday, December 7, 2014

President Cook just before christmas

Jon was proud of kissing a hippo and I believe the other couple in the group photo is Elder and Sister Cook - the Area 70 he speaks of.
This week on mission has had to be one of my coolest weeks ever!! We worked really hard and actually had some success and also were able to get extremely personal instruction from a General Authority! It was amazing!
I will start with a story that I have been neglecting to tell you! So There was this guy named Freddy that just showed up to church one day and so we asked if we could visit with him.  He said of course and so we went and as we were talking to him we asked "what made you come to church?" He said I have been going through a really hard time in my life and I realized the only time that I have ever had true happiness was when my family used to go to this church when I was little.  After further digging we found out that both of his parents were members but none of the children.  It was amazing to realize that it is exactly true what he said!!! This gospel is the only way to true happiness in this life and in the life to come! 
So we had the mission tour this Saturday with Elder Cook and his wife.  Ours was extremely special since our zone was the only zone that attended this one.  There were only 16 missionaries compared to the 80 in the other groups so it was much more personal.  First it started with about a 30 minute leadership meeting that was with 5 missionaries, President and Sister Dunn and Elder and Sister Cook.  To say the least it was an unbelievable experience.  We talked about how we need to lead with love, compassion, and understanding. The spirit was so strong you could literally feel it. He just went on to say that it starts with us... If we aren't obedient then our zone won't be obedient and so on.  I realized that it is really true.   
I have learned a lot on mission but what I have learned the most is personal accountability.  That it is up to us and in the end we pick eternal happiness or eternal peace. And with being a missionary that I am held to a higher law therefore I have more accountability to live in righteousness.  After this we then went to meet with all the missionaries and had great lessons from both the Dunns and Cooks.  From 9 to 3 so we spent a really long time with them.  During it there were some things that I learned that really hit me hard.  One am I totally converted to the Lord or do I just have a testimony.  Also that conversion is a life long process and not just a one time event.  Recently I have been studying alma and in alma 5:46 it talks about even alma the younger needed to fast and pray to know these things were true.  and I also learned how much of a gift it was for heavenly father to actually gi​ve us his son.  It is the most amazing gift and matchless.

Well, I will tell you a lot more on Christmas about the mission tour cause there is a lot!! 

Elder Olson​

No comments:

Post a Comment