Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 "Mission is Lekker"


Missionary work was very limited this week...  For me I love the ministering part of the work that I do but I really struggling with loving the administrative work that I do.  I sometimes forget that all the work that we do in the office and for other advents really is missionary work.  


My whole mission I loved finding, knocking on doors, talking with everyone, teaching, and testifying of Jesus Christ.  I thought that was how my whole mission would be and I was perfectly fine with that.  I loved focusing on an area and my investigators.  The whole switch to the duties I now have has been pretty hard for me to accept.  For example this week we had to run medicine to a missionary that lived 2 hours away, go pick up T shirts, enter in heaps of CDEs in the computer, and move to a new flat.  Which outside of exchanges left us no time in our area.  This responsibility has made me even more aware that Heavenly Father cares about me and my future.  Even though these experiences aren't fun I can see I am being molded and that He has provided these opportunities for me to grow and learn.  

We had a great gathering of the whole mission this week and it was called The SAJM Summit.  About 5 months ago I asked Sister Dunn if she thought it would be fun and plausable to get the whole mission together and go on a hike.  She said she would think about it and then came back with this amazing idea of centering a hike around a purpose and making it a learning opportuinity as well.  So what we did was we had our mission presidency speak and they all spoke about leadership and overcoming our fears.  Then we had this lady named Lin Den Hond who was the 3rd South African women to Summit Mount Everest.   Her story is truly motivational and in doing it raised money for a village in Gautang.  She meantioned that "when your purpose is bigger than your challenges you can accomplish anything."  As I was thinking about that I realized our purpose is the biggest purpose even in God's eyes....  I think we can overcome our challenges.  That statement made me realize that the small difference I am making here in SA really will eventually, maybe in generations to come, make a big difference.  After the talks we went on a beautiful hike all together.  It was an amazing day!


Well that is about it for the week... ASKIES(SORRY)  unless you want to hear more about office work... lol I love mission and really I don't want it to end.  Not that I am dreading going home and going to school and all that good stuff, but I am really going to miss the opportunity to wear Christ's name on my chest, it's Lekker.  Well, I guess I will just wear his name on my heart. 

Love you all and do something this week that will make you say "Kunu On" lol

Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment