Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015 "Last Letter From Jon"


As I am heading into my last week of mission there are two words that describe my emotions.  Exquisite pain and exquisite joy...

Exquisite pain because I am leaving a land and people that I love beyond comprehension.  The people of South Africa, a choice people unto the Lord and I am so grateful for what I have learned from them.  I might have been trying to change them and help them come unto Christ,  but really it was a reverse effect and they held my hand and have guided me to Christ.  Pain also comes because I know that even though home life is great there really is nothing better than seeing someone look at your nametag and see their eyes brighten up as they realize you are a representative of Christ. They look to us for healing and they know it will come.  Home will be great but Africa will always be the home of my testimony.

Exquisite joy because I will see my family.  When I came on mission I realized right away that my family means the most to me.  Family is what makes heaven and I cannot wait to be by their side for eternity.  Joy because I am excited to live the gospel fully and to show others the happiness it can bring.  Joy because I came to Africa, learned what I needed to learn, and found who I needed to find.  Joy because I will get to Fly Fish the Provo again with my dad. 

My emotions are strange...It is weird mixed feelings for sure.


Well, I love you all and I love Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment