Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 24, 2015


Well this week has definitely been a bitter sweet week! This Tuesday was transfer meeting and I had to see 3 of my previous companions go home.... so it was rough but the hardest part was at the end.  I walked up to Elder Reed and he just hugged me and broke down and cried... I realized how much this mission meant to him and how hard it was for him to go home...  He was the best companion... the best friend and yes he made me cry as well... but it was all good cause then it worked out that we were able to stay at the mission home with each other cause his flight left the next day so being us we slept on the roof of the mission home and had a great night together.... we even went and finished it off with our last KFC run.  We have learned to love KFC haha 
And then Elder Lucking.... mom if you think he has an accent that is kinda funny. We always made fun of him for having such an american accent! But that kid is amazing and that 6 weeks I had with him was probably my favorite transfer on mission! He is such a crazy good missionary and also person! And yes take him to a jazz game! he is crazy about the jazz! And then I had to see Elder Johnson go home... that kid was awesome.  It was a quick six weeks with him as well and he taught me a lot about relaxing and letting the Lord take over!  
But my new companion is a crazy english man and his name is Elder Henderson.  He is great and we are having tons of fun together. We are also killing it in our area! We only got into our area for 3 days this week and we taught 14 lessons so that was pretty cool! We have this guy named Itu that moved into our area that has been taught by other missionaries and he will be baptized in a few weeks! We just have to get him to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon then we will be good! We had to drop Freddy this week because he just would not seek with real intent to know if the church was true.  Hopefully through the absence of the missionaries he can feel a difference in his life.  All is well here. I'm on early again cause we have to go on another road trip to Tzaneen to visit some new missionaries.  Also we are going to be in Joburg this week for MLC (mission leadership counsel) so that will be cool. Just a lot of driving that I am getting sick of....  But oh well 
Love
Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment