Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 "Baptism of Itu"


So, this week has been another amazing week with some of the most amazing events that have come from it.  Some that I will never forget!! I was able to baptize one of my best friends this week! His name is Itu and is only 21 years old! 
So a little background on Itu.  He has a child that is one. He has homemade tattoos that he did himself and has been drinking and smoking since he can remember.  So, from that statement alone really he would be a lost cause in most people's eyes.  However, through the gospel and mainly the atonement of Jesus Christ he has been able to change not just his nature but his behavior.  He asked me to baptize him so right after I baptized him he kinda hurried out of the font and went around the corner to the changing rooms.  I walked after him and he had his face in his towel so I asked if he was good and then I realized he was crying....  He then said, "I have never been so happy!!" That was such a cool thing to hear from him and to see that he felt the spirit bare witness to him that what he was doing was the correct decision!  
I sit and think about the gospel after experiences like this and I realize how incredebly sad it is when some refuse the blessings of the atonement and live life in a way where they are trying to do it on their own.  That is not part of God's plan. He didn't just throw us down here and tell us to survive. He wants us to be happy and only through the gospel can we recieve that.  The area is doing amazing and I am loving life.  I'm not going to lie, I have felt a little down missing Madi's wedding.  I had no Idea that at the airport that would be the last time I would see Madi Olson.... haha but life throws curve balls! I am just grateful for my family and especially you dad and mom.... you guys are the best even if I am immature, crazy, and a little irresponsable you did your best with me! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment