Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014 "After the Skype"


All 
Here is Jon's latest.  We were able to talk to him over the weekend and it was great.  It brought a few of Suzi's emotions to the surface, but it was wonderful.  He sounds great and speaks with a SA accent.  I don't know if it's common for the missionaries to gain the accent or if Jon has tried to gain one.  It was fun.  He is really happy and not missing home.  
The reference to the t-shirts is in response to Suzi's idea about using her painting of Africa on t-shirts and selling them to raise money for orphans in SA.  I know some of you haven't seen the painting so I will try and get a copy of it and send it out.  It's really cool.  Bubba (my dad) is helping Suzi with the t-shirts and how to organize this through a non-profit.  
We had to get on Jon a little for not sending pictures.  I guess his camera wasn't working well so he went and bought a new one today.  Hopefully we will get more pictures.  He doesn't have an excuse now.  
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Thanks for all your love and support.


Hey fam,
It seems like things are going well for you all!!  Things here are great as you have heard from the phone call!  Man that was a great phone call and it was so good to hear Americans again... I feel I kinda forget what you guys sound like sometimes... But to hear about Jesse and Anika is so great!! I have anikas email but not Jesse.  Will someone tell him to email me or can someone give me his email.  Those two are great people and I hope Jesse gets called to my mission! I could train him! Hahaha   
My days lately have consisted of a lot of teaching but also a lot of finding... We are trying to find more people and have faith that there will be someone ready for the gospel.  We just have to keep looking!  Shame Raymond and Bryan didn't make it to church but Temwa was there!  So I have some ideas what we can do for the money that you get from the t shirts and I am talking about it to the wife of the mission leader. I will have her email you guys and talk to you about things! She is a great lady and feeds me every Tuesday! She is awesome!  But with our great week of lessons we didn't have one investigator show up to church which was sad... we were hoping for so many and none showed up.. However that just means we have to work harder!! haha but honestly I don't know how we are going to! But that's where prayer comes into play.  Ask what I can do better and where I can improve! This transfer is going so quick and I only have most likely one more month here.... I like it here so hopefully I'll stay! My companion is awesome and I see that as long as we continue to work hard we will always get along! I'll go buy a camera today! I'll make sure it is on sale lol hahaha.
Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment