Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20, 2014 "Everlasting impact"



Yes another week has flown by!! It is soo crazy how time is flying. I only have about 3 weeks left in my first area which is kinda surreal because after your first area I will no longer be a "greeny," as we call the new missionaries in this mission.  This week I had an amazing opportunity to speak in zone meeting.  Zone meeting happens once a transfer and for some reason Luthy asked me a question and asked me to talk about it. The question was, how will you leave an everlasting impact on those that you teach, the members you are around, and the missionaries that will come after you?  This made me think really hard and I pondered and prayed a lot about this question.  So I got to the meeting and saw 20 missionaries there and was extremely nervous because I was the youngest missionary there.  How was I supposed to teach others that have been on mission so much longer than me?  I guess I could say I felt inadequate for the assignment Elder Luthy gave me.   
I studied the whole week and yet I really didn't know what I was going to teach.... When it was my turn everything went amazing! Honestly,I don't remember exactly what I said, but during the spirit was really strong in the room while I taught! It was amazing to feel the spirit working through me and after a missionary who has been on mission for about a year came up to me and said I would never think you were a greeny! You killed it!  It felt great to hear that but it was even better to realize as long as I put effort in and prepare the spirit can work through me!   

I now know why I was asked to do that task and it was so I could learn a valuable lesson for myself! Our investigators at this time are really struggling with coming to church! We are starting to feel maybe their time isn't now which is hard to swallow because we put so much work in and then just to stop is quite sad....  However we are going to give them more time and have faith that things will work out! 
We went laser clay pigeon shooting! That was so fun! Reminded me of Abe and how much I miss him though.  He would have killed it there! haha Other than that I don't have much to say. I'll try to send at least 2 pictures a week! I need to run to the car and get my camera!  Oh I got a sweet hat like my flower one back at home but this one is camo, KUNU ON! hahaha But thank you so much for the love and support I can definitely feel the love and the prayers all the way here in the ZA!!

MISSION SONG:

No comments:

Post a Comment