Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014 "Threw a pamphlet at the car..."


All
Thanks for your love and support for Jon.  He is getting better at sending pictures.  New ones are attached.  
I miss the Provo river so much... that was the place I would go to receive answers...  It was the place where I realized that I needed to go on a mission.  It is a very special place to me.  But catching a fish off of all three techniques is amazing! I think you probably had a little help from above... haha just kidding.  But really if there is one thing that I miss it is going fishing with you and just hanging out on the river.  I feel that was the one thing in my life that I didn't take for granted before I left.  I also had a strong feeling this week to tell you if you can to try to find a time to take uncle Jan out to the Green or something.  Also can I get his email, I hope Abe is helping him out this summer with anything that he needs.  

This week was great and bad at the same time! We had 15 app cancel..... We were left with a lot of spare time and so of course we tracted!! haha We actually got two referrals this week from members which is unheard of....  And the interesting thing is that the whole stake fasted on the 16th and 17th for missionary work! It is crazy to see how easy missionary work is if we just open our mouths.  There are so many people out in the world ready to hear the gospel but how will they if we don't do our part.  I have learned there is never a bad time to share about the gospel.  There was this guy driving the other day and was staring at me and my companion.  I grabbed a restoration pamphlet and ran to him as he was driving away and threw it in his car! He smiled and said I'll read it! hahaha However our investigators are not getting to church which is hard because they can only progress so much without church...   

So we have been teaching a lot about the Sabbath and sacrament.  
While I was laying in bed the other night I saw a plane and looked at it til it was gone.... hahaha not the best idea it made me depressed!!!!! hahahha Oh well time is flying though and I probably only have 2 weeks left in this area.... Sad day for sure when I will leave here! But I am looking forward to seeing more places and meeting more people that I can share the gospel to.   
Also what President Omer said about me makes me happy! I dont feel that way. I still have many things I need to improve on but at least he sees the effort I put in!

Much Love, The White ZA

I received an email (below) from guy who works with me.  He went to lunch with Scott Omer.  Scott used to work with us and he is the son of President Omer – Jon's mission president. 

I had lunch with Scott Omer yesterday and he told me about a conversation he had with his dad.  President Omer said that Elder Olson is a wonderful missionary and that he wished he had more like him.  He said if he had more 'Elder Olsons' the work would be going forward more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment